Las Conchas

Friday, August 31, 2007

Day 5 vacation cont..

The next day we woke early. Jesse dropped me off downtown to walk the streets and shop. He went and picked up Nadia and the two of them had coffee and waited for me. We were going to spend the day going to Buchart Gardens. I'm not sure if it was Jesse's idea or Nadia's but we ended up getting 3 in at the price of 1. We stuffed Nadia in the truck and Jesse hid in the back seat on the floor board covered in a sleeping bag. I drove in and played the part of the dumb tourist. It worked!! It was touch and go for a little while as to how we were getting Nadia out of the trunk but it all worked out lolol... We strolled through the gardens for a few hours and explored one of the parks Nadia likes, Fleming Beach. Oh yeah!! Still no starfish to be found by the way.
I got to pick and eat black berries from the bushes. I wish we had stuff like that here.Finally we dropped Nadia at home and dropped the car at the ferry to make sure we were on the first ferry over to Port Angeles in the morning. Jesse and I walked the downtown and stopped at Big Bad Johns on our way to the bus. This bar was really cool. It's a little hole in the wall, very dark and the floor is covered in peanut shells. I felt right at home.
Everyone met back at the house where Jeff prepared dinner. Jesse was suppose to drive Nadia home but managed to re-break his toe before our hikes the next day. More to come....

2 comments:

Karen said...

That sounds more like a Jesse idea...

Jesse and Yavon said...

You are so right!!!