Las Conchas

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Arriving in South Africa


After 3 days of travel I finally reached my destination. We stayed in a really great cottage the first night in Louis Trichardt. This was the view from my front door. We had a surprising 3 day weekend. Monday was a holiday so the facility asked Johan and Ettienne to be our guides for the weekend. They gave Johan a credit card to pay for our weekend which was really nice.
Bright and early Saturday morning we headed to Sarbie and Graskop. These two cities held amazing sites. We stopped for a quick breakfast and saw cattle being herded down the road. After breakfast we then headed to a Wildlife Rehabilitation Center. We were able to get in the cages with a few of the animals. There were several different eagles and buzzards. The buzzards were my favorite.

There were many different big cats and painted dogs. Here is big boy..









Some more of my favorites. I just wanted to give then all a big kiss..

We also stopped and saw the 3 rondevals.
The pentacle, Gods Window and the Mac Mac Falls. After a really exhausting day. I am just realizing that I have way too many pictures and will have to end the first day of sight seeing and make another post. To be continued....

1 comment:

Joaquin said...

awesome stuff. way to go!