Las Conchas

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Matter of Opinion.....

I think for this week I will tell you a little story about our Friday night and why some people in this world should not have children.
The night started by Jesse dropping me off at the Sawgrass Mills mall, the biggest outlet mall we have in South Florida. I wanted to visit one store while Jesse went off to the gym to soak in the hot tub. Jesse picked me up several hours later. We decided to grab a bite to eat and sit outside to enjoy the people bustling about with their packages and feel the night breeze. Next to us was a wonderful water fountain but with one catch... There were at least 10 kids climbing on it and running about. Jesse and I were looking around for the parents but none were to be found. One kid in particular was the worst of them all. Come to find out his parents were sitting behind us. He would take his stroller and push it out into the walkway and his parents would not even look in his direction and just leave the stroller where it was. That was not the worst of it.. I was facing the table so I had a full view. The kid could not have been more than 4 years old. He dropped his pants. At this point I told Jesse to turn around to see this.. At this point he proceeded to pee on the ground right next to his mother's foot. I was sitting there mouth agape in disbelief. We were looking at the parents as they pretended nothing had happened. Who lets their kids pee in public??? Not just in public but in a restaurant?? I have never seen anything like this in my entire life. What kind of people are raising kids??
Well we told the waitress and I was not sure she would even believe me. She told the owner and came back to tell us that they were going to be asked to leave. At this point we were on our way out because we were disgusted. I can tell you that I won't be going back anytime soon..

5 comments:

Karen said...

I dont think you would make it here hehe

Joaquin said...

you may have a slight problem with the philippines, as they rarely mind their children, letting them run around (in the street, too)scream and holler all day if they want, without any scolding, and let them pee almost anywhere without even a slight care. (actually, many adults do it too)

They grow up to be quite reserved (in comparison to the average "Western Country" kid), so I must say that they are on to something.

Anonymous said...

Even animals refrain from pissing where they eat. nuff said.

Joaquin said...

"Even animals refrain from pissing where they eat"

that may be true, but it hardly is relevant to the topic presented.

Joaquin said...

ok, maybe slightly relevant.