Las Conchas

Friday, March 2, 2007

Going away and keeping Jesse busy

Well even though Jesse will protest to having a blog I believe it could have it's benefits. Even if no one reads it he can entertain himself as well as Joaquin. I am leaving town on Sunday and was in need of giving Jesse something to do. I will be in Houston training for work. Of course a training class is not terribly exciting but I will get to see Texas and one of it's many cities.

I have taken on several projects including making pillows. Can't believe I remember how to use a sewing machine. I can't make anything else at the moment but hoping to take classes. I taught myself how to knit. I'm currently making a scarf. I can't say it looks too pretty. It's been slow going and painful on the hands. I finally got to meet Pam's side of the family. They are so much fun and I love them all. I will put a picture up of everyone in downtown Ft. Lauderdale.

I will finish packing tonight and then enjoy the Ren Fest all day tomorrow before I leave. Oh yeah.. The latest adventure for Capone was yesterday when the roofers came into the yard and let him out. Lucky for me he was spotted by several neighbors. Sharon ran the neighborhood looking for him after she was tipped off by another neighbor that he was a few blocks away at another neighbors house visiting their dachshunds. He has quite a reputation and was welcomed into everyone's house. Well time to wrap it up and show Jesse where he can tell his many adventures while I am gone.

5 comments:

Steve said...

WTF is a Blog?

Joaquin said...

Nice first post. good luck with that dog.....

you wrote, "I finally got to meet Pam's side of the family. They are so much fun and I love them all."
-are you sure that you met OUR family? .... :) just kidding!

Karen will be jealous of missing the Ren fest again... Good luck on the knitting. Looks like a big old hassle to me, but I can hardly tie my shoes, so,..'nuff said!

Karen said...

Nothing worse than wondering where the hell your dog went...I guess unless that happens to a kid or something. I think that might be worse. Knitting eh? Who taught you that? When i came home last year, I asked a bunch of people to teach me to knit. No one could tell me (including Grandma Kline). So i resorted to watching a video. I could not figure out how to get the damn thing started, so I am sticking with crochet lol. And a scarf? Guess you can wear it in Texas =P
Texas is the best, you will love it. Another place for you to mark on your "places that I want to move to" list. Put a thing on your blog so that I am able to subscribe to it =D

Joaquin said...

babe, you can subscribe to the blog via your bookmark tab when using Firefox... thanks for making this blog guys, I can now pollute someone else's space with my "advice"!

Jesse and Yavon said...

All advice is welcome.. We now need to motivate Jesse to write for us.. Make sure you give him a hard time.