Las Conchas

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Long winter for Florida..


I think this is not only the coldest winter but one of the longest. I'm not complaining of course because I am happy to have the change. I'm becoming a little pasty from the lack of beach weather but that will end soon I'm sure.
January was a good month since Jesse and I had been hitting the gym heavily. This month started out a little rocky since I threw out my back but after a weeks rest I'm back in the game. Last weekend the poor dog had his shots and a micro chip put into him. I felt so bad because I know it was painful. At least I know if he ever gets lost we will be able to get him back. After the torture we went to the Riverfront in downtown Ft. Lauderdale and listened to the Jazz music. Capone seemed to enjoy himself.

Yesterday Jesse and I met a friend of his at the Science museum downtown. Bank of America is giving all their customers free entrance into several museums all around South Florida. This is happening once a month for 2009. After the science museum we had some lunch at the Briny on the water. We then walked to the Art museum and saw the exhibit 0f Pablo Picasso and Carlos Luna. Carlos was actually in the museum giving a talk. I thought the dogs on stilts were a bit strange so I had to sneak a picture.
That's about it right now for the updates. Pam will be coming into town at the end of the month so I will post something after that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pam told me about the hikes you two want to take her on :) Sounds like fun!

Jesse and Yavon said...

It isn't hard to convince her..