Las Conchas

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our second Peace River trip of the year...


Jesse's mom flew in for the trip and partnered up with my dad. Every trip seems to have a different group of people. Usually it's more women than men but, this time we had a huge group of guys. Most of them were people that Tim works with. I couldn't begin to tell you every one's name but I do remember a few. This group was alot of fun and I hope they join us for more trips.


The first day of paddling was great and one canoe capsized. It was hilarious except that they lost alot of food and drinks. Luckily everyone brought more than enough so no one went without... That night I had trouble sleeping and I was not the only one. There was snoring from at least 3 tents and it kept the raccoons away. I left a bag open with all the food in it and thought for sure it was going to be gone in the morning. Someone else left out steak on the picnic table and even that was still there in the morning.

I have a great picture of all the guys trying to fit 4 boats side by side under the bridge. I have to tell you it did not go so well... lolol The gators were also out in full force Sunday morning.My dad and Pam had such a great time that they will be there for the next one in March or April.

1 comment:

Joaquin said...

Nice. You guys are becoming regulars there. Looks like fun. I hope we will be going to the next one!