Las Conchas

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Life as usual....

There is not too much to report. Jesse and I have been spending most of our weekends at the beach. This weekend will be much of the same. We bought our beach pass for Deerfield Beach and I think it has paid for itself already. Deerfield is not the only place we are sunning ourselves... Spanish River in Boca is now one of our favorite beaches because it is so quiet. I don't know when Deerfield became so crowded but I miss the old quiet days.
I felt guilty all weekend leaving Capone at home so Sunday night we took him to the beach so he could dig in the sand and have fun as well.

We are looking forward to our vacations starting next month. I was hoping to get my foot surgery this year. Going to the doctor costs way too much money so foot surgery and surgery for my Cyst removal will have to wait. Not sure why I pay insurance since I am unable to afford to get anything done. I don't want to switch jobs just for better insurance but I am not sure what to do... I might have to sell off the furniture soon.

We are going to St. Augustine next weekend so I will have some pictures soon...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just what the hell is a Beach Pass? Don't tell me you have to pay to go to the beach now.
Damn
Steve

Joaquin said...

good question above re: beach pass....

talk to karen about podiatrists and foot surgery. she and her father might be able to point you in the right direction.. She had an extra bone removed about 4 years ago.

Is it the deductible that is too high? I was faced with that too for the sinuses when working in Utah.

thanks again for the birthday call, you were on a short list of those who did!! ;)

Jesse and Yavon said...

LOLOL yes the beach pass cost us $50 for the year. It costs almost 25 cents for every 10 min for the meters. There are certain spaces designated for a beach sticker so we figured it might be worth our while.

It's the deductible that costs me 700 and then I have to pay 20 percent of what the bill is... I need to move to Canada!! I will have to wait until the condo is sold. Could be another 10 years.

South Island Deckers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
South Island Deckers said...

ha ha. ok
I just wanted to say that I called joaquin and didn't get a thank-you

and canada is awsome and it's about time we got some props.

and I can't wait to see you guys and Yavonne for real.

Joaquin said...

"thanks again for the birthday call, you were on a short list of those who did!! ;)"

actually, I did thank you rinah, during our call... yavon was cut off from our conversation (bad connection) before I could thank her. so i did.

20% + $700? thats a bitch. Mine was $1000 deductible, then 10% as I recall. would have cost me about $2,000 all in, and that was with a "salary" of 28K!!! BAS**RDS!!